New post? YES!

May 30, 2011

If you don't already know this, I've started kind of a video series I'd like to call: "Classic Games Revisited Via 1080p" (CGRV1080p)


The first kick-off is Black & White 2, and shortly afterwards: Black & White 2: Battle of the Gods.
I've got some other games on the list, but at the rate I'm going at I don't think I have to worry about it...

1. Black And White 2
2. Black And White 2: BOTG (Battle of The Gods)
x. Startopia?
x. Dungeon Keeper (Original)
x. Diggles

I think posting two embed videos in a row is kinda stupid, so here's the links to my current two B&W2 play-through series:

Black And White 2 Playthrough Ep1 Land 1~2
Black And White 2 Playthrough Ep1 Land 3 Tutorial Island

Now on with the personal ranting!!!


 First things first: B&W2... the first time I played it was near it's initial release back in 2005 when I was a kid. From what I remember my dad had acquired a "legal" copy from the interwebs, and had recommended that I tried it. Unfortunately due to software AND hardware issues, the game refused to install properly (Kept failing at 99%) and the ATI girl just taunted me. Although I couldn't figure out what was wrong, apparently it was a graphics card problem, so my dad popped a couple bucks on a ATI card. This was my first and last ATI card, although I didn't experience anything negative; I still didn't know much about computers back then.

So Black and White 2 started up and everything was fine. My initial response to the game was overwhelmingly positive, I had played the original Black & White at my friends house.I pretty sure gaming back when I was a kid was the happiest moments of my life...

After that I pretty much forgot about it and downloaded it about once or twice after when I was older over a period of years until 2011 hit. I was just searching things online on Ebay and such and I thought: "Hey games I liked as a kid are here!". So I started buying things from Amazon and Ebay. So it all arrived and here I am telling you a part of my life.

Black & White 2 is one my favorite PC Games, coupled with the original game-play mechanics from the original with a little more polish, it's... just amazing. Maybe I just love the game because I was already impressed when I was kid, or maybe it's just jaw-droppingly stunning... who knows. To me it stands as a pinnacle point in my childhood and it will remain so for many more years to come.