4041 Onna

August 14, 2011




I finally finished a game of Anno 1404 / Dawn of discover: Venice. Here's a nice shot of my estate, fully legitimate.

Continuous Game Goals:

  • -Have 30,000 inhabitants.
  • -Reach a sum of 1,000,000 gold.
  • -Annihilate all enemies.

I've played around roughly... I don't know 3-4 campaign games (which were the tutorials, so I didn't count them.) and around 50-100 Continuous (Skirmish) games.

Yeah, that's right I finished one out of all that.

Anyway I'm a bit pooped... the game started off with me VS two medium bots, semi-large islands.... first bot quit before she even set up her first island for some reason and the second A.I I had to keep talking to her real nice and giving her money throughout the game because I wasn't ready for war, and she kept saying things along the lines of: "I was going to take this island for my people, but you are already here!" and things like: "I had my eyes on this island long before you.."

Regardless I usually just muttered.. "If you saw it first, why do I have it?" because she would say this nearly around every hour or so, to the point where our alliance turned into the weird gray zone between war and peace. (Which I had to balance via smooth-talking and money.)

Anyway at this point I had nearly 500k or so saved up, pumped up military production and went to war. Let's just say that the blockades needed more work. It took me nearly 4-5 hours to finish my military campaign... (Is that sad? Yeah it is.)

  • -Have 30,000 inhabitants.
  • -Reach a sum of 1,000,000 gold.
  • -Annihilate all enemies.
At this point I scrapped my military and resumed work on my economy. Thanks to my rather, addictive personality... there wasn't much trouble with the economy at all, actually during the military campaign (The entire thing) I didn't even look at my cities, yet I maintained a green-profit margin throughout... so there wasn't much to do expect wait for the money to roll in. I roughly teetdered from 1k-3k profits throughout the game.

  • -Have 30,000 inhabitants.
  • -Reach a sum of 1,000,000 gold.
  • -Annihilate all enemies.

30k people.... This was hard. My existing city, or my main one had only 17k in it, so I knew that I was over 50% at the least... Let's just say that I wanted the game to end and I started building peasant houses everywhere I could, and accepted every hobo-ship in the sea. I made it in the enough though...

  • -Have 30,000 inhabitants.
  • -Reach a sum of 1,000,000 gold.
  • -Annihilate all enemies.
  • WOOT!
While I was making peasant houses everywhere, I got bored and made a imperial palace. There's the picture above. Roughly 2.5-3 million worth of estate.

Phew.. I never playing Anno 1404 again, it's very time consuming. Overall this "game" took nearly 12 hours to finish and that's not even including all the other games I stopped on...
But it sure is addicting.